niedziela, 20 marca 2011

Books to be read, stories to be told...

There were many books that I read when I was younger, but while browsing through the top list, I found this one particulary important.

In Poland known as 'Dzieci z Bullerbyn', in the US released as 'The Children of Noisy Village', written by Astrid Lindgren, was one of my favourite. It tells a story about six children living in a tiny, remote village in Sweden.

The whole story is told by a girl named Lisa, who tells us about her life and adventures in the small and neat Swedish village Bullerby (Bullerbyn in Swedish). The village consists of three lined up houses where seven children with their parents and housekeepers live: Lisa with her older brothers Lasse and Bosse, the siblings Britta and Anna, as well as Ole with his little sister Kerstin. Astrid Lindgren not only depicts a village with a special charm, but she also creates a perfect children's world; it touches the reader especially by its simplicity which holds the deep wisdom of true human values and a great amount of fine humour.

I think that many of you have read it and appreciated as much as I have.

I'm looking forward reading other

recommendations.

x.o.x.o

K.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz